Web CMS Team
Information & Educational Technology
University of California, Davis
3820 Chiles Road, 2nd floor
Davis, CA 95618
Email the Web CMS Team
Interested in the Web CMS Service?
- Free of charge for eligible groups
- Language agnostic system
- Two flexible templates
- Ability to use custom CSS and JS
- A growing Widget library
- Code blocks for dynamic content
- ServiceNow ticketing system support
August 21, 2014
The RSS Feed block documentation has been updated to reflect the new enhancements made to the block offering.
In addition to all the features of the block you're accustomed to seeing, we've also added:
- Embeddable Feed Title link
- Expanded display options, now including a paragraph display
- Theme switcher to easily apply different color selections based on the official palatte
See the RSS documentation for the details.
August 20, 2014
We weren't expecting the number of requests we received when we sent out the reminder for the monthly Cascade campus users' meeting yesterday and the turn out was excellent. Almost an equal number of people replied back to find out if we were going to record the session; it's not something we've done before, but clearly that's an oversight we've been needing to correct.
From this monthly meeting forward we'll be recording a Webinar and hosting it on the campus' LMS system. Our first record is now available curtesy of Kelly Crabtree (thanks again!).
Contact us if you have any problems or questions.
We've moved to ReadyTalk
Are you a Web CMS user? Yes? Then you're invited! We've moved our monthly user group meetings online. Come join us, get status updates, ask questions and meet your fellow CMS users.
Our next scheduled session is:
Tues., Sep 16, 2014
1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Help Request Pro Tips
August 15, 2014
If you need to submit a request for help to our ticketing system at email@example.com, you know Jessica's going to be on the other side of your screen looking to try to help you through it.
To make the process as efficient and painless as possible, try to provide the following information with your initial email:
- The name of the site in the CMS where you experienced the problem
- An explanation of what you were doing or trying to accomplish when the problem occurred
- The text from any error messages you received
- Screen captures if you think some visual clues might help explain the problem
- The URL of the page(s) if the issue is only showing online