CMS Open House
We're hosting an Open House event for the UC Davis campus to officially open the service to eligible departments on campus. Come visit us at the Alumni Center's AGR Room on Thursday, May 23rd between 9:00am-12:00pm.
Some of you have harbored a not-so-secret yearning for the roll-out menu used by the UC Davis home site (upper right corner menu), well, covet no more! We now have a jump-menu block available for your use, configurable by users with a manager-level role. Read the walk-through in the Content Library section of the CMS Training for more information.
The UC Davis Web Content Management System (Web CMS) service allows appropriate campus units to create and manage Web content that complies with campus standards and policies for branding, accessibility and communications.
The Web CMS is a campus-wide service jointly sponsored by University Communications and Information and Educational Technology.
Is the Web CMS for you?
Who else is using the CMS?
Check out the ever-growing list of clients whose live sites are now using the CMS.
Goals of the Web CMS service
- Facilitate the creation and management of standards-compliant websites
- Support organizational consistency in messaging, branding and identity across university websites
- Meet legal requirements for Web content accessibility
- Reduce the need for specialized skills to build and maintain websites
- Provide a centrally managed, dynamic, flexible campus Web infrastructure